During the middle ages it was said, eat a mince pie on every day from Christmas to the Twelfth Night being January the 5th and you will have happiness throughout the next year.
Here in is our combined verdict of which pie would be rated the highest, out of all the mince-pies we have tasted and wrote a review. Unfortunately we had sampled a few other pies before eventually sharing our thought, so these may get an honorary mention at the end.
- Marks & Spencer Christmas Puff Pastry Mince Pies.
- Marks & Spencer The Collection Christmas Star Mince Pies.
- Iceland Luxury Mince Pies.
- ALDI Specially Selected exquisite Luxury Hand-crafted.
- COOP Irresistible All Butter Luxury Mince Pies.
- Denelas Bakery Mine Pies.
- Holly Lane Deep Fill Mince Pies.
- Waitrose Heston Spiced Shortcrust Mince Pies with a Twist of Lemon.
There were other pies which we had tried, again another different one from M&S, Aldi, and even a Morrison in shop bakery one. The better of these were the M&S ones. It does seem like the Marks and Spencer pies are a good choice this year. However there are plenty of variations around to try.